11 Responses

1. keelee at |

Iffrah,

Wow! I know I already told you this but this piece made me cry. I had chills the whole time reading it! It is just beautiful. The idea is beautiful. Everything about it is beautiful.

It was weird when I was choosing which next piece to read and I felt something in my heart saying Iffrah. And I am very glad I chose to follow that feeling. There is not one part that I enjoyed more than the other. “I believe that angels will light up your way when your lost and afraid.” If I had to choose a part that would be it. It really touched me because I remember when I was a little girl I was always afraid of falling asleep because I always just wanted to be with my dad when he was going through his cancer. He would always tell me that if there was ever a point when he was not there anymore that there would be angels around to take care of me. When I felt lost or afraid I could just act as though I was talking to my dad and they would come. The other part that really touched my heart was when they would give you a hug, just like a best friend does.I also cried during this part. I am pathetic I know haha. I am not one to show that I am every suffering or let things get to me. So I will pray sometimes when I feel scared and it will make me feel like I being hugged by a friend, which will bring me to tears sometimes because it makes you feel like you are loved.

The message behind this piece is one of a kind, truly. To make it better and easier to read, I think not using as many “;” would help. It made it very redundant and took away from the beauty of your sentences and all the details you would list and so on because in every sentence there was a always a semi-colon.

Iffrah, you are a beautiful girl. So quiet but so powerful with your words. This piece gave me a connection to you and it made me feel like I know you. It was also nice for me to know that I am not alone and there are other people that feel this way aswell. I would love for this to help us become closer this year and I feel like we can do that through this type of thing.

Absolutely beautiful!

XOXO

Keelee

Reply
  2. marthabe at |

Dear Iffrah,

I really like the ideas that you had in this piece and they way you spilt up your ideas into a new paragraph starting with this I believe.

To improve I would add a personal story into your piece. It would give readers something to connect to as they are reading and draw them in a little closer. Also be careful with some of your gumps, for example in the first sentence you wrote, “I believe in angels..” but you should be using an ellipses (…) for the purpose of the two periods.

Overall I really enjoyed reading your piece and I’m excited for more to come.

Sincerely, Martha

Reply
  3. keelee at |

Iffrah,

I truly wish you would see how amazing you are and how much of an impact you have on people. I know you are super quiet and like to keep to yourself, but everytime I am around you or have the chance to experience something of yours, I cherish every minute of it.

I would also love for us to become closer this semester. With having two pretty demanding classes we will be able to get closer there I think. To me the fact that we have leadership together and this class together where both force us to be personal and integrate into new siutations will allow for us to have many opportunities for us to get to know eachother.
    It is a blessing in disguise.
    This piece to me was a blessing in disguise.
    I just want to say thank you for writing such a thing.

XOXO
    Keelee

Reply
  4. Marc Mazzei at |

Hey Iffrah,
    I just wanted to start off with apologizing I was assigned to comment on your piece, by the way I was very happy to be assigned this piece because I had already read it twice before being assigned the comment, sadly I thought that I had hit the send button during class (Hunnisett informed me that it had not gone through) but now I will correct my mistake.

For you to know, this is one of my favorite pieces I have read in our class. I loved how in my mind you changed from the girl that rarely contributes to class discussions to this amazing writer that brought two of my favorite things together: mythology and friends. I decided to read your blog because of the statement, “I believe in angels…” My first thought was the mythology and how you were going to talk about the massive pure white wings and the radiating halos, but then you did the exact opposite and you said how you were not going to talk about those characteristics; I loved it and that statement made me reread the line three times and completely rethink what this post could be about. It was a marvelous way of grasping someone`s attention and making them want to reread the post multiple time (like I said before I read it twice before the assigning began). And friends are very close to me so that also held a factor in me rereading it again.

If there would be one piece of advice I could give for this piece is that it would be the same issue you saw in class that I have and that’s punctuation. A few too many semi-colon were used; if I am to be honest on my second read of your blog I ignored most of them and just kept on reading. I did read the comments between you and Keelee and she mentioned the same thing I just did and you recognized it and have a plan for the next piece and that is the best thing you can do.

As I have said this post was incredible and I cant wait to read more of your work!

Your`s truly,
    Marc

Reply
  5. Arlene Orchard at |

Dear Iffrah,
    Thank you for these beautiful words. I believe in angels as well, and this was such a stunning piece to read and ponder, reminding me that powerful love surrounds us always.
    Sincerely,
    Ms. O

Reply
  6. Mrs. Little at |

Another wonderful piece of writing. Your thought provoking words remind me to strive to be someone’s angel because, as you said, our influence can really impact another’s life. Take care, Mrs. Little

Reply